Monday, March 17, 2008

Writers block...Go in that corner over there, nobody likes you and your phase is over!

Okay, start from the beginning. Lately, I have been having a writers block and only one thing has come out of it.

I can't write (doo doo dee doo)
I can't write (doo doo dee doo)
Cause something isn't going right

And I didn't write that. A friend did. So, when your a writer and you go through a period when someone else is describing what you cant, its bad for you (though it was hilarious when written and remains so). I recently came out of the block. I have began to write more on "Il n'y a rien plus importante que l'amour." I have also completed some lyrics, and started others. I have lots of ideas for songs and/or poems, but I don't feel better. Back in the day when I was cranking things out on a regular basis, it was almost all sad. All negative. None of them were happy. The one I wrote and completed most recently was saved as a draft on Gmail. The title of the song was AWAY. But, I made the subject "Amour! No es bueno!" In English, this means "Love! It's not good!" So, needless to say, it was fairly negative. I'm not sure why. I wrote in a rather cheerful mood, and most of it was, stuff like "we mesh so well." I was originally planning on posting it on this blog, but I decided against it. I found it personal and am not sure its ready to be released to the wild. Although, I am considering making a new blog persona and posting lyrics and poems I've written and hopefully will continue to write there.

Quivering in indecision
A quick blurr hazing my vision
She walks right past
Doesn't make it last

I cant think its anything
Perhaps just a teasing fling
I have the urge to act
Action is what I lacked

Giving up seems futile
Despite rigor being brutal
I somehow remain unabated
Yet am quite obviously deflated

I am so tired
Yet am so wired
Not for living persay
And not for the next day

I wrote this just now, while blogging. Seemed the thing to do. It doesn't have a title, and its a poem, not lyrics. Not my best work, but I am still getting back into the groove. Like I was saying, I have been able to write for the last few days, but I feel little different. I am relieved though. A friend of mine recently told me, perhaps the reason I couldn't write is because I used up all of my lyrics and poems. I spent thirteen years getting the emotion for em and now they're drained. She said that now I was just filling up again. I like this analogy. I've begun to drain again, so I guess another "block" is coming up eventually. Can I say how irritating it is to not be able to leak these things out? Its like an itch, and I've just been able to reach that place thats just too far out of reach on my back, and start itching. Reading over that, its a gross metaphor but I think the point gets across.

On a pleasanter note I went to the SD zoo 2day. All of the jungle cats reminded me of Hat-Shep-Suit. I missed her a lot when I saw the Lynx's especially. Then I got home and had to do the litter box (yechhh! Hadnt been done since Mon morning so it was pretty terrible). But now she is curled up in a little ball next to me purring (aka I better get going and pet her). Also, I'd like to apologize for the time this long blog may have taken up. I just needed to get somethings off my chest (and apparently write a poem!).

Btw, Hat would say goodnight but she's too busy being asleep. Normally I'd blame this on feline laziness, but seeing as its 1:43 in the morning, I can't really blame her. I should be sleeping too, so goodnight everyone (or those reading).

1 comment:

Snoopyrox said...

wow, i am SUCH an inspirational friend. i think i was quoted, or inspired something at least... 3 times!!! lol i feel accomplished...