Friday, March 21, 2008

This dream was so f***ing weird....

Okay, so I'm in this forest area with a lot of people (mostly friends). Kind of a random collection of them. And there's this small lake in front of us. Maybe twenty feet, but really deep. And on the other side there was a little shack that was apparently a Lost and Found center. And apparently most people had lost something. Like, Henry had lost a bucket and Carly needed sixteen bags (I got the impression they were big and wondered how she would carry them). There was a small dirt pathway next to the lake to get there. So for some reason I decided to scramble there and I kinda pushed around and got to the shack. Then I was the first one inside and I walked up to the counter. There were various objects on the floor. When I was standing in front of this huge lady I remembered I hadn't lost anything. Feeling rather embarrassed that rushed past all these people who needed something when I did not, I turned tail and left. I also felt bad that I had pushed people around without a justified reason.

I began to walk across the dirt path when I was staring into the lake. I stopped dead in my tracks. It looked like a shark was swimming across the bottom of the lake back and forth, like in caves at the edges. A past acquaintance of mine, Jackie, had her foot in the lake. Even though I didn't like her much, I warned everyone of the shark. At first no one believed me but then I pointed it out, and everyone saw. Jackie quickly retracted her foot, and everyone began to back away from the lake. For some reason we couldn't go past the shack, only back the way we came. So we all began to do that, and the shark burst its head out of the water, and the whole forest area flooded. At this point, the shark turned into like a star shaped giant yellow squid or something. It had long yellow tentacles, but they had no suckers. But everyone could tell they were strong. So we all began to swim away. Looking back, I noticed that a friend of mine, Carly, was lagging a lot. And so I swam back a little, to help her, but as soon as I reached her she sped forward (like ridiculously fast). So I tried to catch up to her, and she started lagging again so I did. Then she was slow for awhile, and I was staying behind to help her. Then she sped forward ridiculously fast again and escaped. Meanwhile, the giant squid thing started to like create a small suction force thing, and this other girl, Raquel, and I were sucked in. The thing then picked up Raquel and broke her in half. Upon seeing this, you can imagine my fear. Then two tentacles started to come for me. I was surprised when I batted one aside, and made a tear on the other by pulling at it, when it broke Raquel with such minimal effort. Then I saw it had a weak spot. Like, where all the tentacles came together it had a small patch of soft tissue, with no beak. Not knowing what else to do, I punched it. To my surprise, it died at this point. Then I went home.

When I got home, I apparently had become Michael from Arrested Development. And I heard voice saying "And when Michael got home, He discovered the alien's brain function's had spread to his household appliances." The alien was apparently the squid thing, and whatever its brain function's were, it made all of vacuums and lights, and whatnot have a mind of there own and the vacuums started to bump into me. Not hard, but like they were nagging.

Then I woke up. After Andrew had a dream in Andrew's Travels 2, he wakes up and says "What the fuck?!" That was exactly my reaction. I think the Arrested Development thing came up cuz I was watching it last night. Maybe the shark became a squid cuz my brain didnt wanna deal with a shark, or maybe because I was watching this thing about giant squids last night (that thing was not, I repeat, was not a giant squid, it was a made up imaginary thing). After that, I have no clue. This has probably been the weirdest dream I've had, and certainly the most dumbfounding. Anyway, thought I'd share with the world how random my brain can be. See? It's not my fault I'm so weird.

**Note: The following comments from myself and Henry are nonsensical with no intellectual merit**

No comments: